To determine the best treatment options we first need to try and find the underlying cause of your dry eyes. This is done by booking in to our Dry Eye Clinic for an assessment.
If you are suffering from dry eye disease or chronic dry eyes we understand an improvement in symptoms can improve your quality of life. First line therapy options include artificial tears and gels which offer temporary relief, however reducing the frequency of symptoms is usually most effective by treating the underlying cause. The leading cause of dry eye is Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD).
Specialist treatments offered by Grant & Douglas Dry Eye Clinic include:
- E-Eye IPL treatment for meibomian gland dysfunction
- Therapeutic meibomian gland expression
- BlephEx lid margin cleaning and hygiene treatment
- Blephasteam - Eyelid warming device with moist heat technology
- Detailed instruction and advice about the many things patients can do for themselves to help improve their symptoms including nutrition and supplement advice.
Our Optometrists are experienced at analysing your symptoms and recommending the best treatment options to reduce your symptoms. If you are interested in being assessed at our dry clinic please contact us to make an appointment for a comprehensive dry eye assessment.